Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Interview with Fernando Martinez, sounds confident!

Fernando Martinez Interview

12/11/2006

by Adam Foster
Project Prospect Editor



Fernando Martinez puts on an impressive batting practice display. The 18-year-old has that special something that causes the ball to crack off hit bat in an unparalleled tone.

Signed out of the Dominican Republic for $1.4 million in 2005, Martinez hit .333/.389/.505 in Single-A Hagerstown before he was promoted to High-A St. Lucie at the beginning of August, where he hit .197/.254/.387.

Following an Arizona Fall League game at HoHoKam Park, Martinez told us about what it’s like to have played exclusively against much older competition, why his AFL teammates called him "pequeño", and how Alex Rodriguez used to be his favorite major leaguer.


Foster: At which outfield position do you feel the most comfortable?

Martinez : I really, really like center. But I never know. Maybe [I’ll] play left, [I’ll] play right because Beltran’s over there.

Foster: Who was your favorite major leaguer growing up?

Martinez : Now, for me the best is Pujols. Before [it was] Alex [Rodriguez]. But Alex…I don’t know what happened man. For me now, it’s Albert Pujols.


http://www.projectprospect.com/fernando-martinez-interview/


Hes already planning on playing next to Beltran, yeahhhh, lets go Nando

No comments:

Post a Comment