Sunday, November 04, 2007

MPH Interviews: Mark Gildea

During the season, I had a few opportunities to sit down and talk with Mark Gildea, who is playing in the Washing Nationals chain, and get his thoughts and observations on our prospects in Brooklyn. Mark played for the Vermont Lake Monsters, and hit .247/.362/.348/.710

Today, I'll post Mark's thoughts on Dillon Gee, who the Mets drafted in the 22nd round of the 2007 draft.

MPH: So give us your impressions of Dillon Gee.

Mark: Gee is pretty decent, he's a hard thrower. Features a 4 seam fastball around 93 mph, topping out at 96. He needs to work on control if he expects to dominate. Most of us didn't make good contact because his delievery is very much like K-Rod.

MPH: What sort of offspeed stuff does he have?

Mark: He's got a curveball around 74 mph, he got me with that once. He also throws a slider which I'd compare to Olliver Perez'.

MPH: Well, thanks for taking the time to talk with us after the game.

Mark: Anytime.

3 comments:

  1. hope he didn't run outta breath on that one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. nvmd my bad theres more to it. lol i thought that was the whole interview

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kept them short on purpose. We're friends, and I didn't want to impose on that friendship.

    ReplyDelete