Sunday, October 14, 2007

MPH Mailbag #6

Brant Rustich has some nasty stuff, and the only problem with him as been control.. But now recovered from a finger injury he has found his control in brooklyn and it really showed in his stats.. Some scouts even rank him over Eddie Kunz whats your view on Rustich and whats his ETA?

Tejesh: Both should open 2008 in Binghamton, and after that, it's who pitches better. I'd say a year in Binghamton, then they'll be ready, so 2009 would be my ETA for them.

There are a lot of Japanese Players that will be eligidable for FA this year Fuku Koji and some others and as soon as these guys sign they will be considered Prospects so I guess this question counts... Who is the Japanese guy you would like to see on the Mets?

Tejesh: Relievers. Iwase, or anyone else. David knows much more about the Japanese FAs then I do, it's a question of getting him to answer a mailbag question ;)

Have you given up on Anderson Hernandez ever learning to hit MLB pitching?

Tejesh: No. But I've given up on the Mets giving him a chance. We've found our 2b for the future (assuming we don't get ARod) - it's Ruben Gotay.

Who's a better fit for the bullpen next year Mike Pelfrey or Philip Humber?

Tejesh: Pelfrey will and should be given the 5th starters job out of spring, so Humber will or should be in the pen.

Charlie from Long Island
----------------------

I thought I would change it up a little... With a weak free agent class it might be wise to look at the trade market (of the people reportedly available the most intriguing to me are Damaso Marte, Orlando Hudson, Bronson Arroyo, and Kelly Shoppach). If the Mets were to expore the trade market, who would you identify as good candidates to move? Any prospects you think it would be wise to sell high on?

Andy

Tejesh: Anderson Hernandez, but I don't know what you'd get back. Kevin Mulvey is someone I'd move in the right trade. The problem is, Pelfrey right now is slotted in as the default #5 starter, and honestly, I'd rather him then Silva, or any of the other equally mediocre starters on the FA market. I wouldn't target a starter via trade. Or a reliever, unless you're getting one who you control for a few years (Cordero, Rauch) or a young catcher (Flores, Shoppach). Honestly, if we could kill two or three birds with one stone, I'd look into what it would cost to get Cordero, Rauch and Flores, in one fell swoop. Probably more then I'd be willing to give up, but if it cost say Pelfrey, Mulvey, Carp/Evans, Parnell/Niese, AHern and cash (say, picking up a bad one year contract from them) - I might bite.
------------

Don't forget the email address is metsprospecthub@yahoo.com
Mailbags are posted every Sunday. You can use the mailbag to ask questions, or request additional features we don't do/have, or tell us we suck, or rock. We want feedback! Help us make this the best prospect blog out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment