Monday, September 15, 2008

Thinking About Mike Carp (plus a Tej edit!)

Tej edit @ 10:37pm: Bobby Parnell made his MLB debut with a scoreless 8th, he got 2 groundouts and a pop up to left. He flashed a 93-95 fastball, and threw one good changeup around 85 MPH. Here's hoping we get to see more of Parnell.

In my review of the pre-season top prospect list I wrote that I didn't see Mike Carp having a future with the Mets, and I expected him to be traded sometime next year. It's not that I don't like Carp, I just don't see where he fits in.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on Carp's potential, and if you see him having a future with the Mets.

3 comments:

  1. Unless Carp makes similar strides in AAA this coming year as he did last year in AA, he probably won't hit enough for his position on a championship caliber team.

    That said, if we don't get Teixeira, I think he'll get a shot in '10 with Fernando!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont think the mets would have selected ike davis if they were really sold on carp. of course they may have taken davis with the thought of converting him into an outfielder...not sure. i think carp will be traded soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good point on Davis, but someone would argue taking the best available.

    Well, the best available--that doesn't want a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete