Sunday, October 26, 2008

Kunz Talks About "Struggles"

Well, not really, but he talked about the game in which he gave up 8 ER in .1 innings on his blog, and had this to say:

I have pitched two more innings since then and had a ruff outing with 7 ground ball singles and had a little bit of a struggle from my defense behind me. But the next outing after that i got back right on track and pitched very well.


At the time I pointed out to Tej that there was something to be said about Kunz giving up 7 singles in an inning. To me that showed that Kunz wasn't getting hit very hard, because the manager left him for all those batters, and I got the feeling that he was just getting unlucky, which proved to be true.

I'm not trying to overlook the fact that Kunz has struggled in the AFL, because he has, but if you ask any scout about a question that has to do with a guys number in the AFL, he'll tell you not to take these stats seriously.

Winterball is the time for hitters and pitchers to work on things that need improvement; To throw a pitch in a certain situation that they wouldn't normally throw in a real game, to try and take the ball the other way more, etc..

O, yeah, this is for Tejesh.. A picture of Josh Thole hitting:

No comments:

Post a Comment