Wednesday, April 08, 2009

4/8 Link

Binghamton @ Trenton @ 705pm

And we're off!

Reminder: We're not live blogging this one, we'll be liveblogging April 9th's slate of games.

And a preseason mailbag:

Hey wassup Tej,

My name i use online often is Swimmer, you might have seen it once in a while. I have a few brief questions regarding our prospects.

1. Why is Brad Holt not listed on St Lucie's roster yet, is it possible he could end up in binghamton instead?

Tejesh: It's possible, but not likely. He will most likely end up in St. Lucie

The Man: I always had the thought in the back of my head that the Mets would start Holt in AA. I mean if they have no problem rushing guys like Tejada/Pena, why not challange Holt who would probably hold is own in AA? But at this point I don't think it's likely. All indications have been that he will start in St. Lucie.

2. With Jenry Marte and Wilmer Flores playing for the sand Gnats, i think we are in for an interesting season. If they perform well there could we see them at binghamton at seasons end or is the need road St Lucie?

Tejesh:
Again, possible, but I think, especially with their ages, they'll also end up at St. Lucie, if they are promoted (they're playing at 17 until June (Marte) and August (Wilmer)

The Man: Wilmer has an outside chance at ending in Binghamton, but it's pretty unlikely. If Wilmer produces in Savannah and Reese Havens is producing in St. Lucie, you'll probably see Wilmer take Havens spot in St. Lucie and Havens moved up to AA. As for Marte, I'm not sure the Mets will even call him up to St. Lucie this year.


3. Where is Cesar Puello, who will he be playing for?

A: Well, he wasn't on Savannah's opening day roster, so likely he's in Extended, and then will either go to Savannah in May and Kingsport in June, or just start the season in Kingsport.

4. Do you have your eyes on any prospects for the upcoming draft, whether its international or domestic?

A: David's the one who does the draft stuff, not I. We haven't really discussed it much this year

5. Final guess on Murphy's stat line this year.

A:

I say .307/.391/.472/.864 (161 for 525, 37 2b, 4 3b, 14 HR, 70 RBI, 15/22 SBs, 73/109 BB/K)

David says: .309/.383/.484/.867 (160 for 517, 36 2b, 3 3b, 16 HR, 75 RBI, 14/21 SBs, 62/88 BB/K)

The Man: Uhm.. I'm Murphy's biggest fan, but I realize that this is his first full season, and at some point he's going to slump. For how long he's going to slump is the question. I have Murphy around the same as Tej/David do power wise, but I think it's a bit of a reach to say a guy in his first full season will have an .390 OBP. .290/.365 with 13 HR 70 RBI and 35 doubles is my prediction.

Thanks alot,

Swimmer

Reminder: Our email address is metsprospecthub@yahoo.com. We also take questions via chatbox and/or comments (and usually answer them there, unless they warrant a new post)

No comments:

Post a Comment